Michael - Intro

My name is Michael North, and I am a 27 year old gamer with a full time job, family obligations, and a few other hobbies, all vying for my limited time. Given my current time constraints, which seem to be a growing trend as yesteryear’s 8bit gamers become “adults”, I am very selective with the games I play. I’m not the guy that gets to play 30 hours a week of video games – I’m the guy that narrowly manages to slip in 2 hours on a slow night after work. Hopefully my situation will serve to help some of you readers out there identify with my reviews a bit better, knowing that sometimes I simply can’t play a game the way it was designed to be played.

I play primarily RPG’s, in all their forms, but occasionally I will break out from the genre if a game is particularly intriguing or innovative (Killer 7 anybody?). I have a special place in my heart for games that let me build up my character, and the more diverse the options – the better. I also took many 3D Modeling classes in college, which I feel helps me understand the nuts and bolts of a game from a different perspective.

That being said, I have been playing games since I was old enough to press that one glorious button on my Dad’s Atari, and with the exception of a few dark years of MMO’s taking over all aspects of my life, I haven’t stopped playing console games since. I have only recently fought my way out of the pit of MMO gaming, and what did I find upon reaching the light again? The Second Renaissance of gaming.

We, you and I, right now, are in the beginnings of a titanic event in the gaming industry, the likes of which have NEVER been seen before. We are standing on a precipice of innovation and potential that literally takes my breath away – the feeling is so profound. I hope you stick around with us for it; it’s going to be an amazing ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is the photograph of you? How will I recognize you and accost you on the street if I don't know what you look like!?!?!?