From 2600 to 360

I own a lot of console games. Maybe 200 games over 18 systems,
including hand-helds. I'm not a collector. I don't buy games I don't
intend to play and I don't keep games I don't like. I've tried to
maintain my collection to only games that I'm likely to play or replay
at some point, but fact is, many of these games have sat on my shelf
for years. Some have never been played.

That all changes now. Starting today, I'm going to play every game I
own, in order, starting with my oldest systems and working my way
forward. I'm going to include hand-held games as part of this series,
and I'll probably include Xbox Live Arcade games once I get to the
current generation of gaming. However, I intend to exclude PC and MAME
emulated Arcade boards. Maybe after I've played and reviewed every
game in my library I will go ahead and review every Arcade game ever
made. Maybe that's stupid.

First up is my catalog of Atari 2600 games. The Atari is noteworthy
as being the system I've had parents throw away without my consent 3
times. Despite undergoing multiple involuntary purges, I've still got
a lot of Atari games, many of them awful. I can't wait to dive into
them.

No comments: