22. Jungle Hunt

Jungle Hunt
1983
Atari 2600



In Jungle Hunt, you play a jungle explorer who is running through a jungle from right to left.  During the course of the game, you swing on vines, avoid crocodiles, and jump over rolling obstacles.  I approve of all of these actions, and I believe that these gameplay elements can be combined in a solid platforming game, even given the limitations of the Atari's hardware.  Jungle Hunt is not that game.  Jungle Hunt is just unmemorable and slightly sucky.  

 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I enjoyed when I hopped on vines and jumped over crocodiles and puddles as a cabbage patch.

Steven said...

I played this game not too long ago and thought it was okay. Sure, it repeats like many Atari games, but that last "fight" with the native is pretty fun. And I think there was cool, jungle music to go with him?

Isaac said...

I enjoyed those things too, Stephanie. But I enjoyed them in a game called Pitfall.