25. Krull

Krull
Atari 2600
1983



Krull is a video game based on a movie that I have never seen, also named Krull. Everything I know about the movie is based on playing this game. This is the plot of the story, as I have interpreted it: 

Krull is a dude about to get married.  Unfortunately, before they are wed, his bride is kidnapped by spear-wielding knights.  The motivation of the knights is left unclear.  Maybe they are just lonely.



At any rate, Krull jumps on his horse, chasing after the knights and his bride, but he gets lost.  Lacking direction, he starts drifting aimlessly, collecting swastikas along the way.  if questioned, he'd tell you that he’s no racist, he just finds the trappings of Nazism to compelling. 

After collecting several pieces of fascist memorabilia, Krull almost gets eaten by a giant spider, but runs away only to be killed by some big dude because Krull doesn't know how to fight. The end.  It is sort of like Romper Stomper, where it is left ambiguous whether it has a pro-Nazi or anti-Nazi message.  

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

As I am sure you expected I immediately looked Krull up on imdb.

Isaac said...

Did I get all the details right?